By Benescke Janse van Rensburg
Omicron. The new buzz word. It is the invisible new Covid-19 variant that is currently causing thousands of flights (and holidays) to be canceled, stricter regulations to be applied and a lot of businesses fearing that they will suffer thousands (if not millions) of Rands this coming holiday season.
Like the virus, fear is invisible. Fear causes sleepless nights and grinding thoughts (and sometimes our fear has nothing to do with the virus). Fear robs us of our peace and joy and the ability to enjoy the here and now, because we are constantly focusing on the “what ifs” in the future. Fear paralyzes us.
On the other hand, faith is also invisible. Faith during the greatest storm brings an unfathomable peace and joy - not because we can determine the outcome, but because we know the One who can silence the storm with one word. Faith is our strength.
The enemy uses anything to make us live in fear because he knows it robs us of our power. However, God wants us to choose faith every day, in every situation. It is the shield in the armor that fends off the enemy's arrows (Ep.6).
In Nehemiah 8:10 we read: “Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Also in Philippians 4: 6-7 we read: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Let us pick up our shields of faith. God's peace and joy is our strength. Let us deliberately choose faith over fear. God bless.
Father God, thank you for your peace and joy in every situation. Help me to keep my heart full of faith and not let fear paralyze me. I ask this in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
• See video about the importance of the shield of faith:
· Website: www.benescke.co.za
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/storiesvanhoop/
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/storiesvanhoop/?hl=en
• Books: Get Benescke Janse van Rensburg's latest book, God is stééds God (Afrikaans) with more than 60 contemporary testimonies here: https://benescke.co.za/aanlyn-winkel/ Use the VERS coupon for a special price. The reprint of God was Dááris also available now.